Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 13 system data taking over 100GB

Hey all,

i was filming my house renovating progress today and accidentally did a slow motion video instead of time lapsed, therefore created a video that was supposedly 16GB. I’ve since deleted the video and I’ve checked my storage again and noticed that my system storage went from a ridiculous 97GB to now 113GB??

that is taking a lot of my storage away!!

i tried clearing browser history and deleting some things but it’s not helping.

id really prefer not to have to reset my phone, I’ve only had this phone for a few months and it’s not making sense :(

I have also noticed there is a lot of analytic logs that I’m unable to delete..

please help!

iPhone 13, iOS 15

Posted on Mar 16, 2022 7:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 16, 2022 7:19 AM

The best approach is to back up your phone, either to iCloud or your computer (or both, for belt-and-suspenders security), reset it to factory settings, then restore the backup you just made using your computer. For your computer backup enable backup encryption so all sensitive data are included (passwords, health data, etc), but write down and don’t forget the backup password because there is no way to recover it. If your computer is a Mac you can save the backup password to the Mac Keychain (it’s an option on the password entry screen).

1. How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support
  2. Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support - follow the instructions to restore using your computer, do not using Settings/General/Reset
  3. Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 16, 2022 7:19 AM in response to Taylorspeedy

The best approach is to back up your phone, either to iCloud or your computer (or both, for belt-and-suspenders security), reset it to factory settings, then restore the backup you just made using your computer. For your computer backup enable backup encryption so all sensitive data are included (passwords, health data, etc), but write down and don’t forget the backup password because there is no way to recover it. If your computer is a Mac you can save the backup password to the Mac Keychain (it’s an option on the password entry screen).

1. How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support
  2. Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support - follow the instructions to restore using your computer, do not using Settings/General/Reset
  3. Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

iPhone 13 system data taking over 100GB

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.