Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 13 not charging beyond 80% suddenly

My iPhone 13 has stopped charging beyond 80% since yesterday suddenly. I updated my iOS version and turned off the optimisation in battery settings today. Still doesn’t charge after 80%. Has anyone faced this issue? Is it normal? How can it be controlled by the user?

Posted on Mar 16, 2022 11:01 AM

4 replies

Mar 17, 2022 9:37 AM in response to ankitas03

Hi ankitas03,

We are going to post an excerpt from the If your iPhone or iPod touch won't charge resource that we think will be helpful:

If your device stopped charging at 80 percentYour iPhone might get slightly warmer while it charges. To extend the lifespan of your battery, if the battery gets too warm, software might limit charging above 80 percent. Your iPhone will charge again when the temperature drops. Try moving your iPhone and charger to a cooler location.

iOS 13 and later use Optimized Battery Charging to slow the rate of battery aging by reducing the time that your iPhone spends fully charged. Your iPhone uses on-device machine learning to understand your daily charging routine so that it can wait until you need to use your iPhone to finish charging past 80 percent.* Optimized Battery Charging is active only when your iPhone predicts that it will be connected to a charger for a long period of time.

We hope this resolves things for you.

Take care.

iPhone 13 not charging beyond 80% suddenly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.