Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recovering password from mailbox app in ios 15

The password for my wife's long time email account on comcast was transferred from an old iphone to a new iphone 12. Her email is viewed and managed through the "accounts" feature, not as a separate app.

The password for the account doesn't show under "passwords" in settings. In fact, there are NO passwords there, I suspect because she doesn't save or autofill passwords on her phone.

We need the password to set up a new computer. We would prefer not to change it because of the collateral issues involved in updating several devices, and because Comcast email is super buggy.

Can this saved password be viewed? It does not show up in the accounts section of settings.

Thanks

iPhone 12 mini

Posted on Mar 16, 2022 8:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 16, 2022 9:08 PM

PiedmontJC Said:

"Recovering password from mailbox app in iOS 15: The password for the account doesn't show under "passwords" in settings. In fact, there are NO passwords there, I suspect because she doesn't save or autofill passwords on her phone.[...]"

-------

Troubleshooting Lost Passwords:

A. Use a Computer:

First off, use a computer to troubleshoot this, as it would be more user-friendly doing so.

B. Visit Keychain for Passwords:

See if Keychain is disabled. Your passwords would be in Keychain. Go Here: How to Find Saved Passwords on your iPhone - Apple Support

C. If not in Keychain:

Look somewhere else you may have kept a record of these in.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 16, 2022 9:08 PM in response to PiedmontJC

PiedmontJC Said:

"Recovering password from mailbox app in iOS 15: The password for the account doesn't show under "passwords" in settings. In fact, there are NO passwords there, I suspect because she doesn't save or autofill passwords on her phone.[...]"

-------

Troubleshooting Lost Passwords:

A. Use a Computer:

First off, use a computer to troubleshoot this, as it would be more user-friendly doing so.

B. Visit Keychain for Passwords:

See if Keychain is disabled. Your passwords would be in Keychain. Go Here: How to Find Saved Passwords on your iPhone - Apple Support

C. If not in Keychain:

Look somewhere else you may have kept a record of these in.

Recovering password from mailbox app in ios 15

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.