Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to restore lost information

My phone was recently stolen. Upon receiving my replacement phone I set up my iCloud and realized that none of my contacts or pictures were saved. Is there a way to access that information? My phone shows offline on "Find my" and I'm not sure if someone is able to hack it if it's turned off.

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Mar 17, 2022 2:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 17, 2022 5:42 AM

See the article Erase a device in Find My iPhone on iCloud.com - Apple Support

Cancel an erase

If your device is offline, the remote erase happens the next time it’s online. If you find the device before it’s erased, you can cancel the request.

1. In Find My iPhone on iCloud.com, click All Devices, then select the device.
  2. If you don’t see All Devices, it’s because you’ve already selected a device. Click the name of the current device in the center of the toolbar to access the Devices list, then select a new device.
  3. Click Stop Erase Request, then enter your Apple ID password.

And as per the article Remove a device from Find My iPhone on iCloud.com - Apple Support

You have turned off activation lock , the the person who has access on iPhone will use as its own iPhone .

All your content is erased, and someone else can now activate the device.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 17, 2022 5:42 AM in response to glost55

See the article Erase a device in Find My iPhone on iCloud.com - Apple Support

Cancel an erase

If your device is offline, the remote erase happens the next time it’s online. If you find the device before it’s erased, you can cancel the request.

1. In Find My iPhone on iCloud.com, click All Devices, then select the device.
  2. If you don’t see All Devices, it’s because you’ve already selected a device. Click the name of the current device in the center of the toolbar to access the Devices list, then select a new device.
  3. Click Stop Erase Request, then enter your Apple ID password.

And as per the article Remove a device from Find My iPhone on iCloud.com - Apple Support

You have turned off activation lock , the the person who has access on iPhone will use as its own iPhone .

All your content is erased, and someone else can now activate the device.

How to restore lost information

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.