Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod timers not working after 15.4

Since 15.4 I can't get timers to work on my HomePods (classic and mini). I say, "Hey siri, set a timer for five minutes." It waits, then eventually siri says it took too long or it "I didn't hear back".

If I try to set a timer via the Home app, I add the timer and click Start, but the new timer doesn't appear in the timers list.

Anyone else seeing this?

Posted on Mar 17, 2022 10:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 18, 2022 1:12 PM

Greetings, blevenstein.

It’s best to isolate the issue so you can find a resolution. To start, work through the following steps to ensure that Hey Siri is setup as expected:

“Set up "Hey Siri" to help Siri recognize your voiceGo to Settings.Tap Siri & Search.Turn off Listen for "Hey Siri," then turn it back on.When the Set Up "Hey Siri" screen appears, tap Continue.Say each command that you see on your screen.Tap Done.” If "Hey Siri" isn't working on your iPhone or iPad 

If the issue continues, work through these steps: If HomePod mini or HomePod isn't responding

We hope this helps! 

Sincerely.

Similar questions

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 18, 2022 1:12 PM in response to blevenstein

Greetings, blevenstein.

It’s best to isolate the issue so you can find a resolution. To start, work through the following steps to ensure that Hey Siri is setup as expected:

“Set up "Hey Siri" to help Siri recognize your voiceGo to Settings.Tap Siri & Search.Turn off Listen for "Hey Siri," then turn it back on.When the Set Up "Hey Siri" screen appears, tap Continue.Say each command that you see on your screen.Tap Done.” If "Hey Siri" isn't working on your iPhone or iPad 

If the issue continues, work through these steps: If HomePod mini or HomePod isn't responding

We hope this helps! 

Sincerely.

Mar 20, 2022 12:31 PM in response to blevenstein

I'm seeing similar, except I can tie it down specifically to the 'mini'. I have three original HomePods (one standalone, one stereo pair) and 5 HomePod Minis (three standalone and one stereo pair). All are on iOS 15.4.

If I ask an original HomePod to set a timer, no problem. It does it straight away.

If I ask any of my minis to set a timer I get '<pause>One sec... <pause> Still on it... <pause> Sorry, that was taking too long'.

No number of soft or hard resets is fixing it and I'm not having any issues with my watch, phone or iPad.

All of the other Siri requests I've made seem to be working (though I had to reboot one as when I asked it for the outside temperature it said it didn't know where I was).

This feels like a software issue specific to the minis to me, I've stopped just short of doing a full factory reset and re-install of one as we really shouldn't have to be doing this every time there's an update (I've already done it several times since buying these things).

Apr 24, 2022 5:54 AM in response to Cheesehead Dave

I have been having this problem intermittently. I have done rebooting, hard power reset (unplugging from the electrical outlet), removing the device from my Home and then reattaching it. Yesterday, the time function began working again. I think the problem is in the server at Apple, that services/controls the timer function. I have had another function, determining its geographic location, disappear and return spontaneously. The firmware on the HomePods updates automatically, so it is possible that this is all the result of causing and then fixing bugs in the firmware. There is an old programmer's saying, "for every bug you fix, you create two more." While this all is frustrating, it is probable nothing you have done wrong.

HomePod timers not working after 15.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.