Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod Mini Timer not working

I’m running 15.5.1 on HomePod minis, and the timer quit working on them a few days ago. Others I see had this same problem last year. You can set a timer, which Siri will confirm, but then there’s no record of it and timer won’t go off. When you ask Siri to check on timer, it says there’s no timer set.

ive put in a bug report, but thought I’d check here to see if a solution worked for people that have this same problem.

HomePod mini, 15

Posted on Jul 16, 2022 11:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 25, 2022 7:55 PM

Im having the same issue. Going into the iPhone on the same net work shows the time. It’s not counting down. But it’s there as a timer. Have rebooted and reset. The og HomePods are the only two that are doing now. Both minis are taking the timer and are announcing it on time. Both minis are in separate rooms. The og HomePods are being used as a stereo pair for Appletv. This since the update.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 25, 2022 7:55 PM in response to joshypoika

Im having the same issue. Going into the iPhone on the same net work shows the time. It’s not counting down. But it’s there as a timer. Have rebooted and reset. The og HomePods are the only two that are doing now. Both minis are taking the timer and are announcing it on time. Both minis are in separate rooms. The og HomePods are being used as a stereo pair for Appletv. This since the update.

Jul 25, 2022 11:31 PM in response to joshypoika

This has happened on mine but it was related to the wrong device listening. Quite often it goes off on my apple watch instead.

Other than that the timers are not good on mine at all. If I ask for a 3 minute timer I get a 3 am alarm instead. I will randomly say “delete all my alarms” because I’m quite sure my kitchen pod is filled with overnight alarms going off. Last week Siri could not pronounce minutes, it was “my newts”. Somehow that got resolved. The timers used to be better.

HomePod Mini Timer not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.