Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod Minis not working with Timers

Hi there, I have four HomePod Minis all of them running 14.7 and in the last week they have all stopped working with timers. When I set a timer it will confirm that the timer is set, but as soon as that is done it disappears. Doesn't matter if the timer is for 10 seconds, 10 minutes or several hours. And if you ask Siri how much time is left on a timer that has been set, she responds that there are no timers set. It's happening on all four of my HomePods and it happens to all 5 users in my household. What can I do to fix this?

Posted on Aug 11, 2021 12:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2021 1:46 AM

I’ve struggled with this for 1 month. Nothing works. It’s a back end problem at Apple. I have:

1) reset my 3 HomePods AT LEAST 4 times each

2) deleted the home app and started over

3) ensure that the HomePods show up on the same network

I’ve tried every published solution and none fix the problem. This wasn’t a problem before a few OS upgrades were rolled out - Just saying Tim Cook…

Also, I love Apple, but I sure am tired of HomePods not working as advertised and I’m doubly tired of Siri being a dumb modernized version of Microsoft Clippy. You guys are Apple, raise the bar for God’s sake!

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 10, 2021 1:46 AM in response to deepknightdave

I’ve struggled with this for 1 month. Nothing works. It’s a back end problem at Apple. I have:

1) reset my 3 HomePods AT LEAST 4 times each

2) deleted the home app and started over

3) ensure that the HomePods show up on the same network

I’ve tried every published solution and none fix the problem. This wasn’t a problem before a few OS upgrades were rolled out - Just saying Tim Cook…

Also, I love Apple, but I sure am tired of HomePods not working as advertised and I’m doubly tired of Siri being a dumb modernized version of Microsoft Clippy. You guys are Apple, raise the bar for God’s sake!

Nov 8, 2021 6:13 PM in response to Red Bell

Hmm, I tested a few timers with my iPod minis and they worked as expected. I was able to get the time remaining while they counted down and the alarm sounded at the end. I use my OG HomePod for timing cooking all the time. While resetting everything isn't ideal I have sometimes found it is the only reliable approach. Use Feedback - HomePod - Apple to let Apple know things aren't working properly for you.

tt2

Sep 15, 2021 1:18 PM in response to turingtest2

I have this issue too. on all my HomePods (3 reg and 5 minis). Tried resetting several times. Rebuilding the home is not an option for me, I have put too much time into it. I hope they can fix this bug without that kind of extreme measure. I will try removing them from the home and adding them back in one by one and see where that gets me...that usually helps when they forget they are in stereo pairs.

HomePod Minis not working with Timers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.