Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple notes app behaviour

after the 15.4 update, notes app for ipad is closing and reloading each time i switch apps or minimise(is that even the correct term?) by swiping home. this results in closing of the specific note i was working on and displays the all notes list, and i have to open the specific note each and every time. anyone else with similar issues? any solutions to prevent this reload?

Posted on Mar 17, 2022 10:55 AM

5 replies

Mar 19, 2022 11:31 AM in response to amanuay

Hey amanuay,

Thanks for the reply and additional information. We appreciate it!

Just to verify, are you following these steps to switch to another app from Notes?

Switch apps on iPhone X or later, and iPad
If you have an iPhone X or later, or an iPad:
1. Swipe up from the bottom to the middle of your screen and hold until you see the App Switcher.
2. Swipe left or right to find the app that you want to use.
3. Tap the app.

As long as you do not swipe Notes up and off the screen, the app should not fully close. That would be when reopening it would start fresh, instead of picking up where you left off.

Switch apps on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you are not inadvertently closing the app, instead of switching, have you restarted your iPad since noticing this happening? If not, go ahead and do that, as a restart can resolve unexpected issues.

Restart your iPad

Test switching from and to the Notes app again, and let us know how it goes.

Take care!

Mar 19, 2022 10:48 AM in response to Jaym_8

i realise my question is worded really bad. I will try to clarify. When I switch back and forth between another app and notes, notes app is supposed to remain active with the note I am working on, but now every time i switch back to notes, the app shows the notes list as if i just launched the notes app. I have to find and open the specific note i was working on to write something, only to repeat the entire process when I switch to another app like a browser to look up something.

apple notes app behaviour

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.