Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 Pro Max resets to Lock Screen

My iPhone 12 Pro Max iOS 15.4 keeps jumping to the Lock Screen. The screen goes black and there is a little spin at the centre of the screen and the phone returns to the Lock Screen. I have carried out factory reset on the phone and problem persists. Problem started about a week ago. Any thoughts to address the problem.

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Mar 17, 2022 6:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply
5 replies

Mar 21, 2022 7:47 PM in response to LD150

Update - Took my iPhone into Apple Shop for hardware repair. They ran some quick diagnostics with all reporting “Green” (OK). They said very unlikely a hardware problem and that I needed to reinstall a fresh copy of the iOS from iTunes on my iMac by selecting the “Restore iPhone” function. Process took around 60 minutes. End result is that my phone has been operating without issue for last 24 Hrs, looks like Restore iOS fixed my problem. Will report back here if issue arises again.

iPhone 12 Pro Max resets to Lock Screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.