Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to sync email folders? HELP!

I own an iPhone and just bought a new iPad. Used the iPhone to set up the iPad and added my email server info. I’m getting and sending email just fine. However, while my iPhone still displays all of my email folders, I can’t see the same folders on my iPad.

I thought everything was supposed to look and act the same across both devices. I’ve already gone through and compared every setting, but could not resolve the issue. How can I fix this and be able to see my email folders.

Thanks for your advice!

Posted on Mar 17, 2022 8:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 18, 2022 7:54 PM

I resolved the problem! I deleted the account connected w/ my ISP and then went back in and added it manually making sure to select IMAP (instead of POP3 mail type). Once I did that, my folder list appeared. Yeah! Thanks for your help everyone!

8 replies

Mar 18, 2022 10:25 AM in response to Randyb57

Ok I see Randyb57 sorry for that little problem this might help

1. Tap the "Mail" icon on the iPhone to launch the email application.
  2. 2.
  3. Scroll down the "Mailboxes" screen until you see the "Accounts" section. This is the section below the "Inboxes" section.
  4. 3.
  5. Tap the name of the account that has subfolders you need to check.
  6. 4.
  7. Tap on the folder you want to view in the email account screen. Notice that in this view, all the folders for your account are visible to you, and you can select any of them.

How to sync email folders? HELP!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.