Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am losing contacts saved on my phone

Hello,

I have this issue when I save new contacts on my iPhone SE but, several months down the road, they disappear…

I have automatic iCloud backup activated, however, there are differences between contacts on my phone and contacts saved in iCloud (i.e. they are not saved in iCloud).

I manually backed up on iCloud after adding a new contact a few minutes ago, just to check what happens, however, that contact does not appear in iCloud.

Please help me figure this out.

Thank you,

Laura

iPhone SE

Posted on Mar 18, 2022 12:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 18, 2022 6:51 PM

Hey there, LauraLittle_77! 

Thank you for posting in Apple Support Communities.

If your contacts are syncing with a different account, this would explain why the contacts on iCloud are not the same as what’s on your device. Let’s check that setting now by going to:

Settings > Contacts > Default Account

Is this set to “iCloud”? If not, change it too iCloud now. 

With this set to the default account, all new contacts will be synced with iCloud in the future. We will not be able to recover lost contacts but contacts you add in the future will be saved in iCloud.

Kindest regards. 

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 18, 2022 6:51 PM in response to LauraLittle_77

Hey there, LauraLittle_77! 

Thank you for posting in Apple Support Communities.

If your contacts are syncing with a different account, this would explain why the contacts on iCloud are not the same as what’s on your device. Let’s check that setting now by going to:

Settings > Contacts > Default Account

Is this set to “iCloud”? If not, change it too iCloud now. 

With this set to the default account, all new contacts will be synced with iCloud in the future. We will not be able to recover lost contacts but contacts you add in the future will be saved in iCloud.

Kindest regards. 

I am losing contacts saved on my phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.