Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

missing contacts from icloud backup

My iPhone has been backed up, but for some reason, I am missing some contact in my iCloud as well as the address book on iMac. Under the iCloud settings on my phone, contacts are listed to be included in what is being backed up. I have checked everywhere to make sure I have everything checked, but I cannot figure out why not all my contacts are showing up in my address book. Any suggestions?

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 30, 2020 2:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2020 4:51 PM

jackiemack wrote:

My iPhone has been backed up, but for some reason, I am missing some contact in my iCloud as well as the address book on iMac. Under the iCloud settings on my phone, contacts are listed to be included in what is being backed up. I have checked everywhere to make sure I have everything checked, but I cannot figure out why not all my contacts are showing up in my address book. Any suggestions?

Contacts aren't part of the icloud backup, they are synced to icloud. IF you deleted it from your phone it will delete from icloud and vice versa.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 30, 2020 4:51 PM in response to jackiemack

jackiemack wrote:

Contacts aren't part of the icloud backup, they are synced to icloud. IF you deleted it from your phone it will delete from icloud and vice versa.

Dec 31, 2020 5:05 AM in response to razmee209

Then how do I get it to sync to my icloud so that all of my contacts are there. Additionally, I can't figure out how to sync them with my iMac address book so that they are in there as well. Can you provide any assistance on that?

When I go into my phone under icloud, my contacts appear to be backing up to the cloud, so I am confused when you say they are not part of the icloud backup.

Thanks.

missing contacts from icloud backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.