Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not all contacts were deleted on iPhone

When I am trying to remove a contact, I see a message:

Not all contacts were deleted. One or more of the contacts may be read-only.

I tried to find an answer how to avoid this problem on the Internet, but couldn't`t find anything.

Has anybody faced with the problem like that? How to delete a contact?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on Mar 19, 2022 1:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 19, 2022 7:18 PM

Hi wchernikov,

If you're unable to delete contacts directly from your iPhone, log in to iCloud.com and try to remove them from there.

In Contacts on iCloud.com, click the All Contacts group in the sidebar, then select one or more contacts you want to delete.
Press the Delete key, then click Delete.

You can find this and other guidance in Delete contacts on iCloud.com.

If you do not use iCloud for contacts or this issue persists, reach out to Apple directly to investigate this issue.

Regards.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 19, 2022 7:18 PM in response to wchernikov

Hi wchernikov,

If you're unable to delete contacts directly from your iPhone, log in to iCloud.com and try to remove them from there.

In Contacts on iCloud.com, click the All Contacts group in the sidebar, then select one or more contacts you want to delete.
Press the Delete key, then click Delete.

You can find this and other guidance in Delete contacts on iCloud.com.

If you do not use iCloud for contacts or this issue persists, reach out to Apple directly to investigate this issue.

Regards.

Not all contacts were deleted on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.