Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I burn my iMovie to a dvd

How do I burn my IMovie to a dvd

Posted on Mar 19, 2022 11:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 19, 2022 12:17 PM

Export your iMovie project to your desktop and drag the exported movie into a DVD authoring program. (or follow the app's import instructions). From there you can burn it to a DVD. You will need some good quality standard DVD discs and a DVD burner. Blue Ray discs are also available, but your DVD authoring app and your burner must be Blue Ray compatible.

Apple's iDVD disc authoring program has been discontinued. One replacement program that has been recommended by others on this forum is DVD Creator by PENG Guiping. It is available at the online app store for about $14.97. However, there are lots of other DVD authoring apps out there, like Roxio's Titanic. Just make sure that they are compatible with 64 bit ifyou are running Catalina or later.

If your DVD authoring app can burn disc images, then the best procedure is to render a disc image and then burn your DVD from the disc image. That way you can quickly burn multiple DVDs without repeating the encoding process over and over.

-- Rich

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 19, 2022 12:17 PM in response to SUGARBEAR1308

Export your iMovie project to your desktop and drag the exported movie into a DVD authoring program. (or follow the app's import instructions). From there you can burn it to a DVD. You will need some good quality standard DVD discs and a DVD burner. Blue Ray discs are also available, but your DVD authoring app and your burner must be Blue Ray compatible.

Apple's iDVD disc authoring program has been discontinued. One replacement program that has been recommended by others on this forum is DVD Creator by PENG Guiping. It is available at the online app store for about $14.97. However, there are lots of other DVD authoring apps out there, like Roxio's Titanic. Just make sure that they are compatible with 64 bit ifyou are running Catalina or later.

If your DVD authoring app can burn disc images, then the best procedure is to render a disc image and then burn your DVD from the disc image. That way you can quickly burn multiple DVDs without repeating the encoding process over and over.

-- Rich

how do I burn my iMovie to a dvd

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.