Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I made an imovie in 2008 and want to burn a copy. I have idvd installed but I cannot open the imovie to burn a copy.Is it possible to do this?

I made an imovie in 2008 and now want to burn a copy. I have idvd installed but I cannot open the imovie to burn. IS this possiblel to do?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jun 14, 2022 7:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2022 8:09 AM

Could you provide more details of the steps that you are taking? It appears that you have an old iMovie 6 project that you would like to burn to a DVD with iDVD on your Mac that is running Mojave, but you can't get the project to open? Is that correct?

iDVD has somewhat limited function on Mojave. Some of the themes don't work, and sometimes the burn won't get completed. The iMovie 6 app will still work on Mojave, as it does on my Mojave set up. iMovie 6 will not work on Catalina or later operating systems, because those systems are 64 bit and iMovie is a 32 bit program.

Take a look at this link and see if there is anything in there that helps you.

How far back does "Update Projects and Ev… - Apple Community

-- Rich

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 14, 2022 8:09 AM in response to ajmalfatt

Could you provide more details of the steps that you are taking? It appears that you have an old iMovie 6 project that you would like to burn to a DVD with iDVD on your Mac that is running Mojave, but you can't get the project to open? Is that correct?

iDVD has somewhat limited function on Mojave. Some of the themes don't work, and sometimes the burn won't get completed. The iMovie 6 app will still work on Mojave, as it does on my Mojave set up. iMovie 6 will not work on Catalina or later operating systems, because those systems are 64 bit and iMovie is a 32 bit program.

Take a look at this link and see if there is anything in there that helps you.

How far back does "Update Projects and Ev… - Apple Community

-- Rich

I made an imovie in 2008 and want to burn a copy. I have idvd installed but I cannot open the imovie to burn a copy.Is it possible to do this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.