Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can I burn a completed iMovie to a DVD now

how can I burn a completed iMovie to a DVD nowadays...been a while!

Mac mini, macOS 12.2

Posted on Apr 13, 2022 4:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2022 5:21 PM

Export your iMovie project to your desktop as a movie file. Drag your movie file into a DVD authoring app, or otherwise follow the upload instructions of the DVD app. Once the movie is in the DVD authoring app, you can burn it to a DVD disc. If the app allows for saving the DVD project to a disk image on your Mac, then do that. You can burn multiple DVDs from a disk image without the necessity of going through the rendering process each time.

Apple's iDVD disk authoring app has been discontinued, and in any event does not work on the newer operating systems. However, if you hava a working iDVD app on your Mac then use it to burn your DVD.

Others on this forum have recommended DVD Creator by peng Guiping as a replacement for iDVD. It can be purchased at the online app store for about $14.97 as I recall.

You will also need some DVD discs and an external DVD burner since Macs no longer come with an internal DVD burner.

-- Rich

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 13, 2022 5:21 PM in response to kstop57

Export your iMovie project to your desktop as a movie file. Drag your movie file into a DVD authoring app, or otherwise follow the upload instructions of the DVD app. Once the movie is in the DVD authoring app, you can burn it to a DVD disc. If the app allows for saving the DVD project to a disk image on your Mac, then do that. You can burn multiple DVDs from a disk image without the necessity of going through the rendering process each time.

Apple's iDVD disk authoring app has been discontinued, and in any event does not work on the newer operating systems. However, if you hava a working iDVD app on your Mac then use it to burn your DVD.

Others on this forum have recommended DVD Creator by peng Guiping as a replacement for iDVD. It can be purchased at the online app store for about $14.97 as I recall.

You will also need some DVD discs and an external DVD burner since Macs no longer come with an internal DVD burner.

-- Rich

how can I burn a completed iMovie to a DVD now

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.