Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Air 4th Gen (2020) Charging Issue

My iPad Air occasionally will not charge. I will unplug it before it's done charging to use it and when I go back to charge it, nothing happens. There is no incompatibility message or anything. I tried my current iPad charger, my MBP charger, my 2.1A phone chargers, and my old iPad 2nd Gen charger and none work. I have gotten it to work 3 times by plugging it into my MBP. However, any cable won't do. I have to use my MBP charging cable plugged into my MBP USB-C port for it to register my iPad and for it to begin charging. Then I can plug it into any charge a minute later and it will continue charging.

I have tried restarts and a restore and it has not corrected the problem. It is still under warranty, should I get it replaced? I will not always be around my MBP for a needed recharge.

Sidenote: the iPad Air 4th Gen is not in the "What device is this about?" menu so I chose iPad Air 3.

iPad Air 3 Wi-Fi

Posted on Mar 20, 2022 6:41 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

iPad Air 4th Gen (2020) Charging Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.