Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad air 1 not charging, doesnt see the charge cable

hi. my old Ipad Air first gen that stopped charging, when i plug in the cable it doesn't seen to see it i get nothing, no sound, no charge symbol and the battery is completely dead at this point. Apple shows they will charge almost $300.00 to fix it... And Best buy geek squad said id be better off buying a new one. is this what i get for brand loyalty? no one will repair this thing even though it stopped charging through no fault of my own but more like Apples fault for the shoddy design of the Ipad Air charging system? this thing started getting harder and harder to get to charge then, it took it longer and longer to charge once it saw the charger until one day it just would not charge anymore. is there a fix??

iPad Air Wi-Fi

Posted on Aug 5, 2020 3:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2020 3:20 PM

If you have charging issues, this support page may be helpful in troubleshooting the problem:

If your iPad won't charge – Apple Support

Similar questions

4 replies

Aug 5, 2020 3:23 PM in response to Zakker01

Do you own and tried different known good charging cables and other good Apple power/charging adapter blocks?

FYI,

The 2013,, iPad Air 1st generation is almost 7-years old, now as is no longer being supported by Apple.

Your iPad is well out of warranty.

The 2013 1st gen iPad Air 1 currently maxes out at iOS 12.4.8.

The 1st gen iPad Air will NOT support the current iPadOS 13 and the up and coming iPadOS 14.

ipad air 1 not charging, doesnt see the charge cable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.