Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have tried and tried to move my contacts to my icloud and can’t successfully do it. Please help…

I have tried and tried to move my contacts to my icloud and can’t successfully do it. Please help…

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Mar 21, 2022 10:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 21, 2022 10:26 AM

Unlike some Android devices, contacts are neither stored locally on an iPhone nor in SIM. They are synced to an email account that you had Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo or any Other

If Contacts on iCloud, try this --> Restore contacts, calendars, bookmarks, and more using ...

Else add the email account that stores your contacts.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 21, 2022 10:26 AM in response to Contacts-to-iCloud

Unlike some Android devices, contacts are neither stored locally on an iPhone nor in SIM. They are synced to an email account that you had Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo or any Other

If Contacts on iCloud, try this --> Restore contacts, calendars, bookmarks, and more using ...

Else add the email account that stores your contacts.

Mar 21, 2022 10:27 AM in response to Contacts-to-iCloud

Please use a web browser to transfer the data from Exchange account to another email account.

1. Try to export the contacts from google mail on a web browser. During Export select export as vCard and then log in to https://www.icloud.com using your Apple ID credentials Tap Contacts app > Settings > Import vCard.
  2. You may use this --> Share contacts as vCards - Microsoft Support or Export multiple Contacts as vCards - MSOutlook.info and then log in to https://www.icloud.com using your Apple ID credentials Tap Contacts app > Settings > Import vCard.

Mar 21, 2022 12:19 PM in response to Contacts-to-iCloud

If you are referring to work contacts on an Exchange server, those contacts belong to your company, not to you. That is why you cannot move or copy them. Using Exchange to store anything except company contacts is a bad idea as you have discovered. Once you lose access to that Exchange server, you will lose those contacts. You need to start saving your personal contacts in iCloud and then you can view all you contacts on the iPhone by selecting All Contacts in the upper left corner when you open Contacts if you have more than one source.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.