Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I save an email attachment as a pdf on an iPad

If I get an email with an attachment that is not in pdf format, can I, on an iPad, save the attachment as a pdf?

If so, how can I do this, and where is it saved?

Thanks.

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on Mar 21, 2022 11:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 22, 2022 12:13 PM

russellraquel,

While there isn't a direct native option to covert an image to a PDF, there is a workaround that may help out.

Once you've added the image to Photos, open the image, and tap the Share button. Select 'Print', and pinch to zoom on the image in the preview. This causes it to be a .pdf, and you can now tap the Share button once more, and save to Files, or share it to another app as desired.

An alternative may be to check for any apps in the App Store that help to accomplish the task.

Cheers.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 22, 2022 12:13 PM in response to russellraquel

russellraquel,

While there isn't a direct native option to covert an image to a PDF, there is a workaround that may help out.

Once you've added the image to Photos, open the image, and tap the Share button. Select 'Print', and pinch to zoom on the image in the preview. This causes it to be a .pdf, and you can now tap the Share button once more, and save to Files, or share it to another app as desired.

An alternative may be to check for any apps in the App Store that help to accomplish the task.

Cheers.

Mar 22, 2022 12:01 PM in response to russellraquel

Hey russellraquel,

This will really depend on the type of file you’ve received as an attachment. Some file types may be opened in Pages and you can export to PDF using that app as seen here:

Export to Word, PDF, or another file format in Pages on iPad

To get a more detailed response, let us know what type of file you’ve received as an attachment and we’ll go from there. 

Take care.

Can I save an email attachment as a pdf on an iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.