Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Save email as pdf using iPadOS 14

Can you save an email as a PDF in iPadOS 14? Or Markup an email before replying? These are things I can do on a Mac, but should be natively available on an iPad.

iPad Pro 10.5-inch, Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Oct 4, 2020 1:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2020 2:15 PM

There is no way to save it as a pdf natively. There is a workaround.

Select the Print option for the email. When the preview window opens up, pinch out on the screen to enlarge the image and then from the share icon, select an app in which you want to save the pdf. Often I use the Downloads folder in the Files App to save pdf files. After you save it, cancel the print dialog in the email, then go to whatever app you saved the email as a pdf, open it, then mark it up by tapping on the pencil tip icon. From there you can email it when you are done marking it up.

Not real elegant, but it works.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 4, 2020 2:15 PM in response to rfrymire

There is no way to save it as a pdf natively. There is a workaround.

Select the Print option for the email. When the preview window opens up, pinch out on the screen to enlarge the image and then from the share icon, select an app in which you want to save the pdf. Often I use the Downloads folder in the Files App to save pdf files. After you save it, cancel the print dialog in the email, then go to whatever app you saved the email as a pdf, open it, then mark it up by tapping on the pencil tip icon. From there you can email it when you are done marking it up.

Not real elegant, but it works.

Save email as pdf using iPadOS 14

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.