Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I turn an email into PDF format?

How do I turn an email into pdf format ?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Apr 17, 2022 3:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2022 4:17 AM

Assuming that you are using the native Mail App.

With the email that you wish to convert to a PDF is on-screen, tap the arrow icon at bottom-right of the screen; an action menu will appear. From the menu, select Print; the Print page will now appear, with the email paginated as thumbnail images on the left - and print options to the right…

Use the two finger Zoom gesture (i.e., spreading two fingers) on any of the thumbnail images; this will open a print preview page. At top-right of the print-preview, tap the Share icon (a square, with an upward-pointing arrow).

Tapping the Share icon will expose the Share Sheet; you’ll note that the document type is now a PDF as illustrated. You can now use any of the available Share actions - such as Save to Files.

Having saved or otherwise shared the PDF, just tap Done at top-left - and then cancel the Print dialogue.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 17, 2022 4:17 AM in response to spuddylis

Assuming that you are using the native Mail App.

With the email that you wish to convert to a PDF is on-screen, tap the arrow icon at bottom-right of the screen; an action menu will appear. From the menu, select Print; the Print page will now appear, with the email paginated as thumbnail images on the left - and print options to the right…

Use the two finger Zoom gesture (i.e., spreading two fingers) on any of the thumbnail images; this will open a print preview page. At top-right of the print-preview, tap the Share icon (a square, with an upward-pointing arrow).

Tapping the Share icon will expose the Share Sheet; you’ll note that the document type is now a PDF as illustrated. You can now use any of the available Share actions - such as Save to Files.

Having saved or otherwise shared the PDF, just tap Done at top-left - and then cancel the Print dialogue.

How do I turn an email into PDF format?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.