Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keyboard stopped working - MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-in, Mid 2015)

I’ve got a Macbook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015) that the keyboard doesn’t work besides the power button. All the rest works. Please help!

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Mar 22, 2022 6:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 22, 2022 7:42 AM

Hansconofficial wrote:

I’ve got a Macbook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015) that the keyboard doesn’t work besides the power button. All the rest works. Please help!

Learn how to get your Mac fixed and how much it will cost. Mac Repair - Official Apple Support

Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 22, 2022 7:42 AM in response to Hansconofficial

Hansconofficial wrote:

Learn how to get your Mac fixed and how much it will cost. Mac Repair - Official Apple Support

Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support

Apr 27, 2022 5:34 PM in response to Hansconofficial

The keyboards in modern Macs are very simple devices with a horizontal grid, an almost vertical grid and a simple processor that detects when you push a button that changes the resistance at a grid intersection, and forwards a keycode to the computer.

When they stop working, they are un-repairable.

The field-replaceable assembly is the keyboard-battery-trackpad-topplate assembly.

leroydouglas supplied the only possible answer to your query as written -- readers are sorry you did not like the answer.

Keyboard stopped working - MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-in, Mid 2015)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.