Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Keyboard

My MacBook’s inbuilt keyboard just stopped working all of a sudden. How do I fix this?

Posted on Jul 23, 2022 5:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 23, 2022 5:35 AM

Hi DamiAz16,

The entire keyboard stopped working or just certain letters? If the entire keyboard stopped, I'd be concerned about possible liquid damage.

Either way, you're going to need to ship it in or take it to an Apple Store/Certified Apple Repair Facility for inspection.

Reach out to Apple Support to get started:

Apple Support Contact Methods

-> Call Apple Support 1-800-APL-CARE

For International Numbers or ASL support, click here:

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

-> Chat with Apple Support

Apple Support

-> Get Started Online

Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 23, 2022 5:35 AM in response to DamiAz16

Hi DamiAz16,

The entire keyboard stopped working or just certain letters? If the entire keyboard stopped, I'd be concerned about possible liquid damage.

Either way, you're going to need to ship it in or take it to an Apple Store/Certified Apple Repair Facility for inspection.

Reach out to Apple Support to get started:

Apple Support Contact Methods

-> Call Apple Support 1-800-APL-CARE

For International Numbers or ASL support, click here:

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

-> Chat with Apple Support

Apple Support

-> Get Started Online

Apple Support

Jul 23, 2022 5:49 AM in response to DamiAz16

Unfortunately, no. It sounds as if someone is going to need to open the device. That requires special tools and most importantly grounding (so you don't accidentally introduce static electricity to the device).

You can always talk with Apple Support to see if they can run remote diagnostics. Maybe they can find something that we as volunteers in this Community Forum don't have access to.

MacBook Keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.