Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I troubleshoot potential Bluetooth issues?

Hello,

My iPhone 12 Pro Max seems to have an issue with Bluetooth devices disconnecting/reconnecting randomly while in use. Is there a way for me to easily troubleshoot potential causes/remedies? Here's a little more detail.

Device/Application

Fi Collar/Fi App

Issue

While out walking my dog, the Fi collar is intended to connect via Bluetooth to update the location without relying on GPS/cellular data to the collar itself, thus saving battery life. It also has a geofence feature that, when not connected to an owner's phone, will alert the owner if the dog goes outside the established radius. For my dog, that is a notification that says "Zoe is around [location/address] without an owner." Recently my collar has been disconnecting from my phone multiple times during a walk, which are approximately 50-60 minutes. I attached a screenshot showing the number of times the connection is dropped over the course of an average walk. I have worked with Fi customer support and they cannot find fault with the collar as it connects via Bluetooth to the base in my home without interruption, as well as my spouse's iPhone 13 Pro.

Device/Application

Weber SmokeFire Grill/Weber Connect App (version 1.2.1)

Issue

During a grilling session this past weekend, the Weber Connect app repeatedly lost the Bluetooth connection with my Weber SmokeFire grill over the course of several hours. I moved my phone closer to the grill to reduce the range but still experienced disconnection when I was within a few feet. I also unplugged my phone from a battery bank to reduce any potential interference caused by the battery. The Weber Connect app is the current version and the grill is running the current firmware.

Device/Application

AirPods Pro/Downcast (version 2.11.8)

Issue

While listening to audio using the Downcast app, my AirPods Pro will intermittently disconnect the audio from one AirPod during playback. This usually resolves nearly immediately without any intervention from me and is mostly noticed in the loss of stereo playback as one AirPod briefly disconnects/reconnects.

I can't figure out if the issue is related my phone or poor 3rd party software. Is there a device connection log or something similar that will help me troubleshoot the issue?

Thanks!

Neil

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Mar 22, 2022 11:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 23, 2022 4:43 AM

Hello,

See if anything in these links help:

Resolve Wi-Fi and Bluetooth issues caused by wireless interference

If the sound from your wireless headphones cuts out or is distorted

Good luck.

Similar questions

1 reply

How do I troubleshoot potential Bluetooth issues?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.