Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sync iTunes library to cloud to free up space

My itunes library is 76GB!!!!!!!!

How do I remove most of this music and if I need to play music it syncs on the fly? Or is it not possible.

iTunes match sounds like it makes songs available on the cloud for other devices but no mention of saving HD space. I don’t care about other devices.

help!!

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Mar 22, 2022 3:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 23, 2022 4:12 AM

After your content is successfully matched or uploaded using iTunes Match you can then selectively right-click a batch of music and use Remove Download to free up local storage. Once done you'll be able to stream those tracks, or download them, when you are online. I would recommend a full backup of the library to an external drive before you start in case you ever delete something from the cloud in error, or discover a matched copy isn't quite what you want, e.g. explicit version replaced by clean, etc.

tt2

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 23, 2022 4:12 AM in response to Juan Cano1

After your content is successfully matched or uploaded using iTunes Match you can then selectively right-click a batch of music and use Remove Download to free up local storage. Once done you'll be able to stream those tracks, or download them, when you are online. I would recommend a full backup of the library to an external drive before you start in case you ever delete something from the cloud in error, or discover a matched copy isn't quite what you want, e.g. explicit version replaced by clean, etc.

tt2

Sync iTunes library to cloud to free up space

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.