Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music/iTunes - Saving space on my PC

Hi everyone. I have iTunes on my PC and am part of Apple Music too. Is there a way I can reduce the size of my iTunes music on my PC but still access all my music across my devices? I have iCloud too. Many thanks in advance for any suggestions. Paul.

Posted on Aug 25, 2019 7:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2019 8:56 AM

I would recommend that you take a snapshot copy of your local library before you do so, but with iCloud Music Library you can select content, right-click, and remove download to free up local space, then stream content from the store when you want to listen to it. Your personally ripped content is at risk of permanent loss if you allow your subscription to expire when you don't have local copies of the media safely stored somewhere.

tt2

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 25, 2019 8:56 AM in response to Mulett44

I would recommend that you take a snapshot copy of your local library before you do so, but with iCloud Music Library you can select content, right-click, and remove download to free up local space, then stream content from the store when you want to listen to it. Your personally ripped content is at risk of permanent loss if you allow your subscription to expire when you don't have local copies of the media safely stored somewhere.

tt2

Apple Music/iTunes - Saving space on my PC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.