Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calendars not syncing

So for some time I have had an annoyance in Calendar on my Mac. The icloud holiday calendar has an exclamation mark next to it. If I click on it, it tells me the calendar couldn't be refreshed and to make sure I am connected to the internet. I am connected to the internet as everything else works, ie email/ Safari. I have deselected the calendar and reselected it. I have deselected calendar in my icloud account and reselected it. Neither of those worked to get rid of the exclamation mark.

Then today when I was going to an appointment I asked Siri for directions to my event and it said I have no event. It shows on my Mac but not my phone. All other events show on my phone. I also noticed holidays don't show on my phone and all of my calendars on my phone have an exclamation mark next to them.

Are all these problems related or are they separate issues? I have included some pictures of the issues.

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Mar 22, 2022 6:24 PM

Similar questions

5 replies

Mar 22, 2022 11:51 PM in response to s49

See the article Subscribe to calendars on Mac - Apple Support

Unsubscribe from a calendar

If you want to stop subscribing to someone else’s calendar, you can unsubscribe from it.

• In the Calendar app on your Mac, Control-click the calendar in the calendar list, then choose Unsubscribe.
  • If you don’t see the calendar list on the left, choose View > Show Calendar List.

You have to set up iCloud calendars in iPhone / Mac sign in with same Apple ID and password on the same network to share iCloud calendars see the articles Share iCloud calendars on Mac - Apple Support

Send and receive invitations in Calendar on iPhone - Apple Support

Accept the invitations in iPhone .

Note : the calendars if set up in on my Mac section won't sync see the article Change Alerts preferences in Calendar on Mac - Apple Support

Make iCloud account as default in calendar preferences , see the screen shot click on drop down arrows of default account .

From iPhone Use iCloud calendar subscriptions - Apple Support

Unsubscribe from a calendar subscription

• On macOS, open Calendar. Right-click the calendar that you want to unsubscribe from*, and select Unsubscribe.
  • On iOS, open Calendar. Tap Calendars  > Delete Calendar.

* You can't unsubscribe from the US Holidays calendar.

In calendar preferences > general from Mac default calendar should be selected as home .

Your screen shot for Mac calendar shows daylight saving time ( see the date 13 th ) see the article Use different time zones in Calendar on Mac - Apple Support

Change the language, time zone or regional formats used on iCloud.com - Apple Support

Change Date & Time preferences on Mac - Apple Support

Mar 23, 2022 8:46 AM in response to s49

For a single event you have customised it and set as 12 hours or possible its kept as none ( in that case that event will not reflect in iPhone ) , in your second screen shot for alerts time to leave ( you will not receive alerts for events with destinations that take more than 3 hours to reach .

Read If your iCloud Contacts, Calendars, or Reminders won’t sync - Apple Support

Mar 23, 2022 7:33 AM in response to tygb

Thank you for your reply.

I don't want to unsubscribe from the holiday calendar. I want to know why it isn't refreshing correctly. I have iCloud selected as my default account and Mac default calendar set as home.

This also doesn't address why the one event doesn't show on my phone but my other events do.

Here are a couple of screen shots of my calendar settings on my Mac.

Calendars not syncing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.