Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Create a new account password

cannot open itunes to download apps to open email to verify email to create password for email to start new apple ID account and cannot access old account

iPhone SE, iOS 15

Posted on Mar 22, 2022 9:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 22, 2022 9:52 PM

Jj007sunshine Said:

"Create a new account password: cannot open itunes to download apps to open email to verify email to create password for email to start new apple ID account and cannot access old account"

-------

Troubleshooting Apple Accounts:

A. Accounts Cannot be Merged:

Important: Purchases cannot be merged upon Apple Accounts. It all has to do with licensing between Apple and Developers. So, once you close this account, all purchases would be lost.

B. Archive your Mail:

Important: Be certain your archive your Apple ID eMail library so that it is backed up, and none is lost. See Here: Import or export mailboxes in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

For Account Assistance Go Through Apple:

Contact Apple Support:

Note: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due do lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 22, 2022 9:52 PM in response to Jj007sunshine

Jj007sunshine Said:

"Create a new account password: cannot open itunes to download apps to open email to verify email to create password for email to start new apple ID account and cannot access old account"

-------

Troubleshooting Apple Accounts:

A. Accounts Cannot be Merged:

Important: Purchases cannot be merged upon Apple Accounts. It all has to do with licensing between Apple and Developers. So, once you close this account, all purchases would be lost.

B. Archive your Mail:

Important: Be certain your archive your Apple ID eMail library so that it is backed up, and none is lost. See Here: Import or export mailboxes in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

For Account Assistance Go Through Apple:

Contact Apple Support:

Note: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due do lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

Mar 22, 2022 11:37 PM in response to Jj007sunshine

Jj007sunshine Said:

"Create a new account password: [...]I had to open a new account couldn’t link my other account to this new phone.[...]"

-------

Transferring to a New iPhone:

Use QuickStart:

If you need to transfer to a new iPhone, then use Quick Start to transfer it all. Go Here: Use Quick Start to transfer data to a new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

90-Day Wait:

You'd have to wait up to 90 days to associate it to a different account. So, that may be getting in the way here.

Mar 22, 2022 11:22 PM in response to TheLittles

I contacted apple support and have an upcoming phone appointment with them in a couple of days to solve this verify my email discussion to be able to access iTunes and download apps there onto my new iPhone and install necessary apps in iCloud and on iTunes Store account for iCloud purchasing and such using my Apple ID and password from my new Apple ID because I had to open a new account couldn’t link my other account to this new phone. Now this new email is a gmail account and have to go through them and without a computer also. Only using the cloud to access my email and access it through them that way and also only using wi-fi also.

Create a new account password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.