Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can not delete my health data whatever I tried ...

Hi ,

I have iphone 6 . I want to delete my health data. Because I have 16 GB storage in iphone and health data is about 500 mb using a lot of space.

I tried deleting data from health application already. Application deleted only a very little part of heath data and there is still 500 mb to be deleted.

Is there any application or way to delete this 500 mb data which is about 6-7 years old data which i do not need anymore ?

I do not want to buy a new phone because i can not delete data you know. :)

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Mar 23, 2022 2:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2022 5:43 PM

I just spent an hour on a call with Apple Support to try to resolve this - unfortunately the call ended when my iPhone turned into a brick.

There is a real issue here that is not resolved through any of the standard support docs. While these documents likely outline the right steps, I suspect the authors never went in to validate that the storage actually is freed up (does it have to do with the fact that it is encrypted data?). On one of my phones Health data takes up 17GB, on the other (surprisingly, a newer phone that I have only had for a year!) it takes up 34GB.

Would appreciate a solution (not more off the shelf support docs!)

Thanks!!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 25, 2022 5:43 PM in response to Lindsay_B.

I just spent an hour on a call with Apple Support to try to resolve this - unfortunately the call ended when my iPhone turned into a brick.

There is a real issue here that is not resolved through any of the standard support docs. While these documents likely outline the right steps, I suspect the authors never went in to validate that the storage actually is freed up (does it have to do with the fact that it is encrypted data?). On one of my phones Health data takes up 17GB, on the other (surprisingly, a newer phone that I have only had for a year!) it takes up 34GB.

Would appreciate a solution (not more off the shelf support docs!)

Thanks!!

Mar 24, 2022 8:36 AM in response to engin262

Hi there, engin262,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities to get help with your iPhone storage.

You can use the information outlined in the Apple Support article How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support to get started managing your iPhone storage overall.

To delete specific data from the Health app, the steps below from Manage Health data on your iPhone, iPod touch, or Apple Watch - Apple Support will assist:

Delete information that you entered

If you entered incorrect details when manually adding health information, you can delete the record.

1. Open the Health app and tap the Browse tab. 
2. Tap a category, like Activity. 
3. Tap a subcategory, like Steps.
4. Tap Show All Data, then tap Edit in the upper-right corner.
5. Tap the Delete button next to the record you want to delete. You can also tap Delete All to delete every record. 

If you are sharing information to the Health app from other sources, we would recommend removing the sources as well. You can find more information about that in the above article as well.

Best!

I can not delete my health data whatever I tried ...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.