Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I tried to add my AZ driver's license to Apple Wallet but it doesn't recognize the bar code in the back.

I tried to add my AZ driver's license to Apple Wallet but it doesn't recognize the bar code in the back. Plenty of lighting, no glare.

Posted on Mar 23, 2022 3:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 23, 2022 3:51 PM

But when you go through the process, it asks to scan the front and back of your DL. When I scan the back, I get a message that says "cannot detect bar code, make sure that it is inside the frame on your screen" (I'm paraphrasing).

14 replies

Mar 24, 2022 8:00 PM in response to PierreJSB

I can't get it to work either. I either get a message that the Back of ID Not Captured (even if its a clear image of the back of my DL) or the same message about the barcode not detected.

When they added the ability to add C voiced vaccination cards to the wallet m y wife and I couldn't get that to work at first either. After a couple months we tried again and it worked. Hope they get the bugs worked out with this more quickly!

Mar 30, 2022 1:10 AM in response to PierreJSB

RE: AZ DL barcode Re-scan

Did you do anything different?

Had no problem with vaccination card but This seems different.

An example seemed to show rectangular QR code + magnetic strip + barcode sticker at top

mine doesn't include barcode sticker just a magnetic strip and the long QR code --I'll check AZ MVD as DLs have 30-YEAR validity window--could be low-tech, outdated version in my possession🙃

May 3, 2022 1:15 PM in response to azbondgirl

Update. The back of my DL still fails but at least I now get a pop-up that says "Your identification card is not currently supported and may need to be replaced with a new version before you can add it to Wallet."

My DL was issued in 2009 and like azbondgirl, only has the mag strip & QR code, no barcode at the top.

Adding my DL to the Wallet isn't worth the cost of a replacement so I guess I'll wait until I have to renew it in 2026.

I tried to add my AZ driver's license to Apple Wallet but it doesn't recognize the bar code in the back.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.