Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Online banking issues with Safari

I upgraded my MacBook Pro to Safari 15.4. Subsequently, when I logon to my personal online bank website, I enter the first letter of my username and immediately get a blank screen. I contacted my bank and learned that they cannot find any problem on their end. I can access my account via Chrome but not Safari. I use MacOS Big Sur 11.6.5. Help???

Posted on Mar 23, 2022 4:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 23, 2022 6:33 PM

Some companies code their site to work with only certain browsers - that sounds like it could be the problem.

When you contacted them, did you ask them about your Safari browser? If not, ask them which browsers their webmaster decided to have their site compatible with.

Similar questions

4 replies

Mar 24, 2022 2:10 AM in response to Noonersj

After communicating with Bank as perviously suggested you may try still using Safari.

Suggest try going Safari Preferences >> Advanced and enable " Show Develop menu in menu bar " This will place a new Menu is Menu Bar. You can see from second Screen Shot the Agent can be used to Trick the Bank Site to seeing Safari as MS Edge or some other Browser listed.

Online banking issues with Safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.