Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I make the weather app show my location first?

Posted on Mar 23, 2022 5:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 24, 2022 9:08 AM

OK, step by step, for iOS 14 or later (it is similar for other versions of iOS, but the controls might be in slightly different locations):

Open the weather app and tap on the menu in the lower right:

Tap on the 3 dots in a circle:

A menu will appear; tap on Edit List:

Hold your finger on the drag handle of any entry and slide it up or down:

To add the current location, if it isn’t already showing, open Settings and tap Privacy, then Location Services and then Weather:

Then chose any setting other than Never:

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 24, 2022 9:08 AM in response to steviola

OK, step by step, for iOS 14 or later (it is similar for other versions of iOS, but the controls might be in slightly different locations):

Open the weather app and tap on the menu in the lower right:

Tap on the 3 dots in a circle:

A menu will appear; tap on Edit List:

Hold your finger on the drag handle of any entry and slide it up or down:

To add the current location, if it isn’t already showing, open Settings and tap Privacy, then Location Services and then Weather:

Then chose any setting other than Never:

Mar 23, 2022 5:51 PM in response to steviola

Open the Weather app, tap on the “hamburger” menu at the bottom right, then the 3 dots in the upper right and choose Edit List. You can then change the order of the locations by putting your finger on the 3 dashes to the right of any entry and moving it up or down. If yo want your current location at the top as you travel, go to Settings/Weather, tap on Location, and make a selection other than Never.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.