Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud+ data transfers

When my wife switches her personal iCloud+ plan to my family share iCloud+ plan does her data get transferred to the new family shared account? Is this automatic or do I need to something specific to make the transition smooth?

Posted on Mar 24, 2022 10:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 25, 2022 10:35 AM

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, WC-thomp-CA!

We understand you're wondering how switching to iCloud+ shared storage works. We'd be happy to provide information about this.

Once your wife joins your shared plan, the storage being used automatically switches over to yours. There is nothing that has to be done from your end aside from sharing the storage plan according to the steps in this article: Share iCloud+ with your family

Have a great day!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 25, 2022 10:35 AM in response to WC-thomp-CA

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, WC-thomp-CA!

We understand you're wondering how switching to iCloud+ shared storage works. We'd be happy to provide information about this.

Once your wife joins your shared plan, the storage being used automatically switches over to yours. There is nothing that has to be done from your end aside from sharing the storage plan according to the steps in this article: Share iCloud+ with your family

Have a great day!

iCloud+ data transfers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.