Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Single email address is going into my junk file instead of inbox

I cleaned out a bunch of old emails for a particular address now the new email from that person are going to the junk file. The person is not blocked in my contacts. Why is this happening? I cleaned this out from my iPad.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Mar 24, 2022 6:00 PM

3 replies

Mar 24, 2022 6:34 PM in response to LotusPilot

Thank you. I noticed in my contact list in cloud mail that there are just a few contacts not my regular contact list that I use in Yahoo and the address that is going to the junk file is not one of the addresses in the iCloud contact list. A few days ago I went into one of my yahoo email accounts and deleted a large amount of emails to the address that is now going to the junk file. Is that what caused this? I don’t use cloud email should I delete that email account?

Apr 30, 2022 7:47 AM in response to Conradson10

I have the same problem with an email, which is not on my blocked list, going to the junk folder. I have marked the sender as VIP so I receive notice when that email comes in and goes to junk. I will continue to move that particular email into the inbox until my device learns that the email is from a safe sender. Other email programs, such as Outlook, Gmail, Yahoo Mail and others, have an option to mark a sender as “Safe”. I wish Apple would have this option within their email program. This would make the Mail program much more user friendly.

Single email address is going into my junk file instead of inbox

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.