Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID: Enter the password for "".

Some days ago I got the notification on my iPhone11Pro to "Update Apple ID" since the company I'm working for claimed their email domain. I had been using my work email address as Apple ID for years, but decided to go along and simply switch to using a @icloud.com email address as Apple ID.

I initiated the switch on my iPhone until realizing that I couldn't create the new @icloud.com email right there and then. So instead I switch to my computer, logged into iCloud, created the icloud email address and performed the Apple ID switch there. It worked fine for iCloud and also in AppStore on my iPhone.

BUT then I realized that I could no longer access my Apple ID settings on the iPhone, since it now thinks my Apple ID is "" (and there seems to be no way to enter it anywhere). I also cannot SignOut of my Apple ID since I would need to first turn off FindMyPhone which requires me to enter my Apple ID Password for "" ... argghhh!!!

Is there any way to tell my iPhone that I am not Apple ID ""?

Maybe reset to factory settings, enter the correct Apple ID and then restore all my content from iCloud?

(I'm afraid to try this since it might start asking me to enter password for "" there too).

Thanks for any hint on how to fix this!

-Tom

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Mar 25, 2022 7:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2022 11:03 AM

Hi Tom,

Thank you for reaching out to Apple Support Communities for help with your iPhone and Apple ID.

We'd like to get you pointed in the right direction for assistance with your Apple ID. We don't suggestion signing out or in, nor factory resetting your iPhone at this time. We don't want to get you to a place you can't sign back in and use your iPhone.

Please reach out to Apple Support for assistance with your Apple ID by going to Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security. You will want to select your country or region.

Good luck!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 26, 2022 11:03 AM in response to TomManiac44

Hi Tom,

Thank you for reaching out to Apple Support Communities for help with your iPhone and Apple ID.

We'd like to get you pointed in the right direction for assistance with your Apple ID. We don't suggestion signing out or in, nor factory resetting your iPhone at this time. We don't want to get you to a place you can't sign back in and use your iPhone.

Please reach out to Apple Support for assistance with your Apple ID by going to Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security. You will want to select your country or region.

Good luck!

Apple ID: Enter the password for "".

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.