Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dell XPS interfering with iTunes

Hi,

Itunes will no longer recognize my Iphone7. When I open Itunes on my Dell XPS I can see my phone briefly but then it's as if a fight for control is taking place and while I have managed to start a backup it does not complete as the phone disappears from iTunes part way through. I have turned Autoplay off on my laptop and reinstalled Itunes to no avail. Any idea what's going on and what to do about it. This stuff used to work fine.

Posted on Mar 25, 2022 10:21 AM

2 replies

Mar 26, 2022 12:16 PM in response to Bubba1960

Hello Bubba1960,

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities. You've tried some great steps so far. Next, try any steps from If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod that you haven't already.

"If your computer doesn't recognize your connected device, you might see an unknown error or a "0xE" error. Follow these steps and try to connect your device again after each step.

1. Make sure that your iOS or iPadOS device is turned on, unlocked, and on the Home screen.
  2. Check that you have the latest software on your Mac or Windows PC. If you're using iTunes, make sure you have the latest version.
  3. If you see a Trust this Computer alert, unlock your device and tap Trust. If you can't unlock your device because you forgot your passcode, find out what to do.
  4. Unplug all USB accessories from your computer except for your device. Try each USB port to see if one works. Then try a different Apple USB cable.*
  5. Restart your computer. 
  6. Restart your iPhoneiPad, or iPod touch.
  7. Follow these additional steps for your Mac or Windows PC
  8. Try connecting your device to another computer. If you have the same issue on another computer, contact Apple Support."

Take care.

Dell XPS interfering with iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.