Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my macbook air m1 after the latest update is not responding to the touch id .

after I have updated to Monterey update (i can not remember the version), the touch id wasn’t working. I tried everything to fix the problem such as cleaning, resetting, resetting SMC, or even shutting down the mac. when I was resetting it, it was showing me a little red color but didn’t be able to save it. now after many trials, it ignores any fingerprint (not showing any red color while resetting). I waited for one update after another hoping it will be fixed but nothing was solved.

in the attached screenshot, I am already placing my finger.

I asked the same Q in this link my macbook air m1 after the latest update… - Apple Community but I missed the conversation. i could follow up conversation now since i realized that I get notification about replies in mail app about.

in the image below, this instruction keeps showing up while I am already placing my finger.I believe it's a software not hardware problem. I hope so.

Posted on Mar 26, 2022 6:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2022 6:48 AM

If Touch ID isn't working on your Mac.

If that didn’t work, it could be a hardware issue. ⚠️

Get expert service and support at the Genius Bar.

▷ Call 1-800-MY-APPLE or get help here. 

1 reply

my macbook air m1 after the latest update is not responding to the touch id .

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.