Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to shut off auto play in Music on iPad

I have an iPad Air running iOS 12.5.5 and the Music app. How do I stop the app from automatically playing the next song? And stop shuffling? I want to play one song and stop.

iPad Air, iOS 12

Posted on Mar 26, 2022 12:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2022 1:19 PM

Hey Staynavytom,

You can turn off Autoplay within Apple Music by tapping on the mini-player at the bottom, tapping the 3 lines at the bottom-right, and then tapping on the infinite symbol to disable this feature. Having said that though, if you're playing a song from an album or playing a song in your huge list of songs or a playlist, those songs will still be in your "Playing Next" section.

You can potentially clear your queue to prevent the next songs from playing, but otherwise the best thing we can suggest is providing feedback as it doesn't sound like what you're looking for is currently an option: Product Feedback - Apple

Take care!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 27, 2022 1:19 PM in response to Staynavytom

Hey Staynavytom,

You can turn off Autoplay within Apple Music by tapping on the mini-player at the bottom, tapping the 3 lines at the bottom-right, and then tapping on the infinite symbol to disable this feature. Having said that though, if you're playing a song from an album or playing a song in your huge list of songs or a playlist, those songs will still be in your "Playing Next" section.

You can potentially clear your queue to prevent the next songs from playing, but otherwise the best thing we can suggest is providing feedback as it doesn't sound like what you're looking for is currently an option: Product Feedback - Apple

Take care!

How to shut off auto play in Music on iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.