Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery Health

My 4 month old MacBook Pro battery health is already at 97%. I barely use it for more than 40 minutes a day and somedays I don't even use it at all. The battery lasts me a few days therefore I only charge It every week.

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Mar 27, 2022 5:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2022 5:39 AM

AdinF wrote:

My 4 month old MacBook Pro battery health is already at 97%. I barely use it for more than 40 minutes a day and somedays I don't even use it at all. The battery lasts me a few days therefore I only charge It every week.

See if there is anything here—

Get help with your Mac notebook battery - Apple Support

About battery health management in Mac notebooks

w/ silicon

About battery health management in Mac notebooks - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 27, 2022 5:39 AM in response to AdinF

AdinF wrote:

See if there is anything here—

Get help with your Mac notebook battery - Apple Support

About battery health management in Mac notebooks

w/ silicon

About battery health management in Mac notebooks - Apple Support

Mar 27, 2022 5:36 AM in response to AdinF

Letting Li-on batteries drain and then plugging them in and then draining them again (which is the case for you charging it every week) will cause irreversible damage to the chemicals inside the cells, but don’t worry, if the battery health is over 60%, you won’t need to replace it or keep it on the charger constantly.

I recommend keeping your MacBook powered down (Not sleeping) and keeping it on the charger when you are not using it.

Battery Health

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.