You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 12 Pro has been hacked

My iPhone 12 Pro has been updated to the latest version, but it has been hacked. Now show the following symptoms: 1. Since the phone was hacked, the phone signal and wireless signal are very weak compared with the previous full signal to now only one bar. 2. I changed my Apple ID and password several times but still the same problem. 3. Hackers can change my contents and get in my email. 4. I don’t know how hackers could get into all my accounts. Has anyone ever had an issue with emails being sent directly to trash? After I changed my password about 2 days later the email were going back to trash again. I reported to google. Google has been no help. 4. I reported to Apple. The problem is the same. 5. Hackers changed my all online accounts password. 6. I thought I already got ID theft again. 7. The

most important thing is that everything I said is true. I don't need to lie to everyone , Because Cheating doesn't get any benefit and I'm not bored enough to joke with everyone, because it's not funny. I hope to get your support. If you can tell me how to get back to normal and get rid of hackers, I will always be grateful to you. Thank you so much

iPhone 12 Pro, 15

Posted on Mar 27, 2022 12:37 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2022 1:05 PM

Your phone has not been hacked. Now that that is established, we can work on your problems. While I believe the symptoms you describe are real, your conclusion about the cause is wrong (unless you jailbroke your phone; in that case, you are on your own).

It sounds like someone knows your Apple ID and password, so the first thing to do is to change your password to one that someone who knows you can’t possibly guess, preferably one that is at least 12 and ideally 20 characters long. Then add 2 factor authentication to your Apple ID account.

If you are sharing an Apple ID with anyone, stop doing that immediately. Even if it is someone you trust, they can have their (your) Apple ID hacked also.

Apple has additional advice, primarily for people who might be subjects of government or criminal investigations, but it is something that everyone should know→device-and-data-access-when-personal-safety-is-at-risk.pdf

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 27, 2022 1:05 PM in response to minnie290

Your phone has not been hacked. Now that that is established, we can work on your problems. While I believe the symptoms you describe are real, your conclusion about the cause is wrong (unless you jailbroke your phone; in that case, you are on your own).

It sounds like someone knows your Apple ID and password, so the first thing to do is to change your password to one that someone who knows you can’t possibly guess, preferably one that is at least 12 and ideally 20 characters long. Then add 2 factor authentication to your Apple ID account.

If you are sharing an Apple ID with anyone, stop doing that immediately. Even if it is someone you trust, they can have their (your) Apple ID hacked also.

Apple has additional advice, primarily for people who might be subjects of government or criminal investigations, but it is something that everyone should know→device-and-data-access-when-personal-safety-is-at-risk.pdf

Mar 27, 2022 1:23 PM in response to minnie290

Then they have a way of getting your passwords from some other way. What passwords specifically? iCloud? Google? Yahoo? Microsoft?

Do you have 2 factor authentication for your Apple ID. And how do you know they have accessed your contacts, photos and email? Is it just messages or texts saying they have, or do they provide proof? A common scam is to send you a text or email saying they have this information and will make it public, hoping that you will then log in to their scam site with your credentials and thus “tell” them your password.

See→Avoid phishing emails, fake ‘virus‘ alerts, phony support calls, and other scams

Mar 27, 2022 6:07 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

I have changed my passwords for every account that I have, including Apple ID, Google, and others.

I know the number of contacts and photos that I have, but the number changes every day. I haven’t add any new contacts and photos either. As for my email, there are certain emails that I have left unread, but when I go back in later in the day, the status for those emails have been marked as read.

My iPhone 12 Pro has been hacked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.