Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My sons iPad resets Parental Control settings

Hello. I'm writing to you AGAIN because this is starting to be too much of a problem. The parent control settings

- where I tell what apps he can and cannot use.

- where I tell him what webpages he can visits

- where I set what features in the ipad he can use, like change the password or not.

You know that very important feature for me as a Parent?

This KEEPS RESETS. So when some time has gone and I chech his ipad, the whole parent control setting is turned OFF and even if I turn it on again I have to re enter ALL settings again.

Why is this happening?? And how can I stop it from happening?

I now have to set manually alarm on my phone to go check this setting. Its getting ridiculous. Doesn't apple have better software than this?

I have tried change passwors several times.

iPad Pro 10.5-inch, Wi-Fi

Posted on Mar 27, 2022 9:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2022 9:57 PM

First, please double-check the following support article to make sure you didn't miss anything when configuring Parental Controls on your son's iPad:

As you can imagine, there are dozens of articles on-line on how to disable these controls. If your son is bent on doing so, there's no stopping him from doing the research ... and, based on your comments, has figured it out.

The other thing you didn't mention in your post ... and that is, is this your iPad that you let him use, or one you got for him specifically?

Similar questions

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 27, 2022 9:57 PM in response to Euforin

First, please double-check the following support article to make sure you didn't miss anything when configuring Parental Controls on your son's iPad:

As you can imagine, there are dozens of articles on-line on how to disable these controls. If your son is bent on doing so, there's no stopping him from doing the research ... and, based on your comments, has figured it out.

The other thing you didn't mention in your post ... and that is, is this your iPad that you let him use, or one you got for him specifically?

Mar 27, 2022 10:33 PM in response to Tesserax

Thx. Yes I have followed the guide. Pretty straight forward. Habe choosed unique password.

This is his ipad, I dont own any apple product on my own but it is logged in to his child account.

Yes I guess there is ways to get around the lock. But what are they? I really dont think he do it intentionally but maybe he do something that give the result of a resetted parental control? He cant know the password! So the way must be wothout knowing the password. Is there a list somewhere to see the ways so I can see if he un intentionally do some of them?

Mar 29, 2022 10:26 AM in response to Euforin

You are asking in an Apple maintained forum if there are illegal ways to do it. From what I have heard, yes, there are, but I don't know what or how and we are not allowed to post anything that would circumvent them. So there may be a list but we would not be able to post it. He may have gotten instructions from one of his tech savvy friends.

Mar 29, 2022 10:30 AM in response to babowa

What I'm trying to say is there is no way he do this. He is 8 years old. To break the lock it requires a lot of job as you now know. The problem lies in apples software somewhere, something he unintentionally do keeps reset the parent lock! And I'm trying to figure what it is that keeps resets the Parental Control. I doubt I'm the only one having this problem!

He has both an ipone and an ipad on same accounts that syncs settings.. can there be something there that make it reset?

Apr 2, 2022 9:58 PM in response to babowa

Ok and that support is in English? Harder to explain these in depths technical problems in words. A ticket system would be so much easier. More reasons not to use Apple. Buuuut since my children have those ipada I guess I have to try it. Because yesterday is happened again. All settings resetted.

Even the settings for the do not disturb was resetted and turned off. Sure, that settings doesnt require password to reset but there is no way my 8 year old son knows about that setting and what that do. So something DO reset settings..

My sons iPad resets Parental Control settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.