Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad unavailable

Purchased a new IPAD yesterday for my daughter -basic model- ( IPAD not Daughter. ) and it powered up. took my fingerprint requirements and started as it should - or as I expected it to. Then it turned off. and requested my Apple Passcode. ( not Password. ) I entered this a number of times incorrectly apparently and was locked out at first for one minute. then fifteen minutes. then one hour . Now it just informs me the IPAD is unavailable . No options to remedy this as far as I can see. I live in the middle of nowhere and there is no Apple dealers , shops or computer experts around. What can I do to remedy this? Thanks for reading my plight.

iPad, iPadOS 15

Posted on Mar 28, 2022 12:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2022 12:53 AM

See these instructions, keeping in mind that if you don't have a backup all data will be lost on that device (except those that you eventually synced to iCloud):

If your device is running iOS 15.2/iPadOS 15.2 or later, AND if you have created a backup to iCloud, you don't need a computer:--> How to reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch when you forgot your passcode - Apple Support

Shouldn't be this case (iOS/iPadOS earlier than 15.2), you need a computer. If you don't have a computer, borrow one from your friends/relatives/neighbors or ask for help at an Apple Store or Authorized Service Provider, then read these suggestions.

Given that to remove the existing passcode you must connect your device via USB to a computer (a Windows PC running the latest iTunes version, or a Mac, which can run iTunes or Finder, depending on the macOS installed on it), pay attention to the specific gestures that you need to perform while connecting your device to the computer.

These are the instructions to re-gain access to your iPhone/iPad:

If it is an iPhone:--> If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support

If it is an iPad:--> If you forgot your iPad passcode - Apple Support

Also, take a look at this support video about the same matter (for both iPhone and iPad):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7s8-zLG9ySQ

Regards

Giulio

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 28, 2022 12:53 AM in response to Djangoligist

See these instructions, keeping in mind that if you don't have a backup all data will be lost on that device (except those that you eventually synced to iCloud):

If your device is running iOS 15.2/iPadOS 15.2 or later, AND if you have created a backup to iCloud, you don't need a computer:--> How to reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch when you forgot your passcode - Apple Support

Shouldn't be this case (iOS/iPadOS earlier than 15.2), you need a computer. If you don't have a computer, borrow one from your friends/relatives/neighbors or ask for help at an Apple Store or Authorized Service Provider, then read these suggestions.

Given that to remove the existing passcode you must connect your device via USB to a computer (a Windows PC running the latest iTunes version, or a Mac, which can run iTunes or Finder, depending on the macOS installed on it), pay attention to the specific gestures that you need to perform while connecting your device to the computer.

These are the instructions to re-gain access to your iPhone/iPad:

If it is an iPhone:--> If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support

If it is an iPad:--> If you forgot your iPad passcode - Apple Support

Also, take a look at this support video about the same matter (for both iPhone and iPad):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7s8-zLG9ySQ

Regards

Giulio

ipad unavailable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.