Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to retrieve a missing & damaged iPad Pro?

Hello this is Caden, and I have a question to ask you guys. Okay, so my dad was on FaceBook this morning and he saw that someone who was on our street found an iPad Pro, including a Magic Keyboard case. From the looks of it, it could very well be an M1 model or last years; size is unknown. It has been ran over several times, including the guy that found it. The screen is completely off the chassis and I believe that there is no functionality. And again, I don’t have it with me, someone who posted it on my towns FaceBook page did. But I want to help because I know that they are not cheap; I don’t know how much they paid too, but it’s at least $800. Is there any way to give it back to their owner, despite it not potentially having life? This would make their day surly, so thank you to whoever took the time to read this and have a good day. 🙂

Posted on Mar 29, 2022 7:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2022 8:14 AM

If it has been run over and heavily damaged, the only sensible thing is to recycle it. Its value would be 0 at this point. You can give it back to the owner, but they can't do anything more than that.

4 replies

How to retrieve a missing & damaged iPad Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.