Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

what cable will connect iPad Air 2022 to late 2015 iMac?

what cable will connect a new iPad Air 2022 to late 2015 iMac to allow restoration from a backup from an iPad pro 7.9-inch

Posted on Mar 30, 2022 4:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2022 4:33 AM

Assuming that your iPad has a USB-C port - and your Mac has the older style USB Type-A connectors - you simply require a USB Type-A to USB-C charging/data cable. These are readily available from good computer stores - and from Apple.

• mophie USB-A Cable with USB-C Connector (1 m)

https://store.apple.com/uk/xc/product/HN892ZM/A

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 30, 2022 4:33 AM in response to evolvercable

Assuming that your iPad has a USB-C port - and your Mac has the older style USB Type-A connectors - you simply require a USB Type-A to USB-C charging/data cable. These are readily available from good computer stores - and from Apple.

• mophie USB-A Cable with USB-C Connector (1 m)

https://store.apple.com/uk/xc/product/HN892ZM/A

Mar 30, 2022 5:09 AM in response to LotusPilot

Thanks, it looks right from the illustration in the link that you kindly provided. System report on my iMac's USB refers to USB 3.0 Bus. No mention of Type-A connector, but I think that must be what it is, with the 3.0 referring to a protocol? The terminology used is opaque. I'll get hold of a cable and try it out (once the new iPad Air has arrived).

Mar 30, 2022 5:37 AM in response to evolvercable

USB-C and USB Type-A and Type-B ( including mini and micro B) refer to the physical interface connection.

USB 2.0, USB 3.0, USB 3.1 Rev 2 etc are interface standards - that define parameters such as speed and electrical signalling standards.

Whilst related, the physical and interface standards refer to different aspects of the USB connection.

what cable will connect iPad Air 2022 to late 2015 iMac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.