Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

15-inch 2017 Macbook pro screen goes black past 90 degrees

The screen for my MacBook Pro (15-inch 2017, MacOS Monterey) turns on when I start opening it, but then goes black when it reaches the 90 degree mark.

There seems to be a similar issue (and associated repair program) for the 13-inch model of the same year, but I'm not seeing one for 15-inch MBPs.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Mar 30, 2022 9:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2022 8:43 AM

LeGulm wrote:

The screen for my MacBook Pro (15-inch 2017, MacOS Monterey) turns on when I start opening it, but then goes black when it reaches the 90 degree mark.

There seems to be a similar issue (and associated repair program) for the 13-inch model of the same year, but I'm not seeing one for 15-inch MBPs.

There is no service program for the 15" or the 2017

(13-inch MacBook Pro Display Backlight Service Program - Apple Support)

Learn how to get your Mac fixed and how much it will cost. Mac Repair - Official Apple Support

Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 31, 2022 8:43 AM in response to LeGulm

LeGulm wrote:

There is no service program for the 15" or the 2017

(13-inch MacBook Pro Display Backlight Service Program - Apple Support)

Learn how to get your Mac fixed and how much it will cost. Mac Repair - Official Apple Support

Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support

15-inch 2017 Macbook pro screen goes black past 90 degrees

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.