Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't Sync ITunes with Outlook 2021 -

I upgraded my computer and now having an issue with iTunes sync to my laptop. I want to sync Contacts and Calendar.

Previously - iPhone 11, Windows 10, iTunes, Outlook 2019 (not 365). Mail through IMAP. Integration directly with my laptop. Not iCloud

Currently - iPhone 11, Windows 11, iTunes, Outlook 2021 (not 365), Mail through IMAP..

I want to sync my iPhone 11 to Outlook 2021 on my laptop. When I go to sync and the Info Setting, I only get Microsoft Contacts as an option for Contacts and Outlook Not Found for Calendars. No other options are available. On my old laptop, I would have Outlook as an option for both Contacts and Calendar.

None of the Apple or Microsoft online resources seem to address this issue.

Please help! Thank you in advance!!

Posted on Mar 30, 2022 6:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2022 11:28 AM

I have an Exchange account which is where I keep my calendars and contacts so I don't make that much use of iCloud. I've got an iCloud email address I never really use, but it is available on my devices. I also use iCloud Drive to shift data between iOS and my computers, but I've not really had to sync Outlook data into iOS directly for many years so I don't have any recent practical knowledge to help you here. That said my understanding is that iCloud for Windows should be able to sync selected information from Outlook to your iCloud account where it can be used with iOS. See https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/use-icloud-for-windows-to-synchronize-mail-calendar-and-contacts-with-outlook-5f9a9b02-4726-4f64-b2ce-478c1f8f3ef2 for example. You don't have to switch mail providers, or necessarily link iCloud for Windows to your mail accounts.

tt2

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 31, 2022 11:28 AM in response to Scott-Jacksonville

I have an Exchange account which is where I keep my calendars and contacts so I don't make that much use of iCloud. I've got an iCloud email address I never really use, but it is available on my devices. I also use iCloud Drive to shift data between iOS and my computers, but I've not really had to sync Outlook data into iOS directly for many years so I don't have any recent practical knowledge to help you here. That said my understanding is that iCloud for Windows should be able to sync selected information from Outlook to your iCloud account where it can be used with iOS. See https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/use-icloud-for-windows-to-synchronize-mail-calendar-and-contacts-with-outlook-5f9a9b02-4726-4f64-b2ce-478c1f8f3ef2 for example. You don't have to switch mail providers, or necessarily link iCloud for Windows to your mail accounts.

tt2

Mar 31, 2022 8:39 AM in response to turingtest2

Thank you for your response. I appreciate it.

Yes, I am aware that could be the issue but not yet ready to give up on options. I am really hoping for a non-cloud-based solution where the data is stored and managed on my laptop.

Also, iCloud is Not an option at this time. iCloud for Windows is Not available for Windows 11. It only supports Windows 10. So looking for a solution until iCloud can catch up and preferably a laptop vs cloud-based solution.

Thank you again for your insights.

Mar 31, 2022 11:08 AM in response to turingtest2

I just researched iCloud. Despite the system requirement for Windows 10, it does download and work with Windows 11. So you are correct.

However, I do not use an iCloud email. I use Yahoo and GMail and IMAP into Outlook. I don't see an option where I can continue to use Yahoo or Gmail. Only option I can see is setting up an iCloud email. That would require me changing everything I do with my current emails. That would be a long and complicated process. Is there a way to connect to those accounts? If so, I could give that a try.

I am trying to use my laptop as the system of record (Outlook and my Yahoo/GMail accounts) and sync with my phone.

Any other insights?

Can't Sync ITunes with Outlook 2021 -

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.