Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my Mac won't load after a update to Monterey 12.3

my Mac book pro is stuck at the log on screen after a upgrade to Monterey 12.3 0i Have re-set pram/nvram tried to boot to safe mode but it would not load, I tried to boot to single user mode but it loaded but the prompt never had the root# and the command to repair the disk was not recognized I also Command-Shift-Option-R , I also tried to re-install the OS but it also never loaded I'm trying not to wipe the machine

Posted on Mar 30, 2022 6:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2022 8:21 AM

LilDodo wrote:

my Mac book pro is stuck at the log on screen after a upgrade to Monterey 12.3 0i Have re-set pram/nvram tried to boot to safe mode but it would not load, I tried to boot to single user mode but it loaded but the prompt never had the root# and the command to repair the disk was not recognized I also Command-Shift-Option-R , I also tried to re-install the OS but it also never loaded I'm trying not to wipe the machine

You do not say what exact Mac...

If your Mac doesn't turn on

If your Mac doesn't turn on - Apple Support

If your Mac starts up to an Apple logo or progress bar

If your Mac starts up to an Apple logo or progress bar - Apple Support

If your Mac doesn't start up all the way

If your Mac doesn't start up all the way - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 31, 2022 8:21 AM in response to LilDodo

LilDodo wrote:

You do not say what exact Mac...

If your Mac doesn't turn on

If your Mac doesn't turn on - Apple Support

If your Mac starts up to an Apple logo or progress bar

If your Mac starts up to an Apple logo or progress bar - Apple Support

If your Mac doesn't start up all the way

If your Mac doesn't start up all the way - Apple Support

my Mac won't load after a update to Monterey 12.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.