Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Songs Tab not functioning

I have an older computer MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013)

When entering my music the tab for "Songs" (to the left of the screen) is not there.

When going to the Songs Tab [above (between "Edit" & "View")], none of he features work.

Called Customer service but were not as helpful since I have an older model.

Power Off & On was the only advice.

Don't wish to repair because it seems like an easy problem an money is a problem.

Any Advice.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Mar 31, 2022 9:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2022 12:23 PM

Thanks...

It wasn't exactly right but you got me in the right direction. Basically, I had to go to LIBRARY, and scroll slightly to the right where EDIT would "magically" appear. Then click on Songs and presto. All is resolved.

You would think Apple customer care would know that. They even did a computer share seeing the problem & have me jump through hoops to no avail; Suggesting a repair was necessary.

Thank You

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 31, 2022 12:23 PM in response to my ginger

Thanks...

It wasn't exactly right but you got me in the right direction. Basically, I had to go to LIBRARY, and scroll slightly to the right where EDIT would "magically" appear. Then click on Songs and presto. All is resolved.

You would think Apple customer care would know that. They even did a computer share seeing the problem & have me jump through hoops to no avail; Suggesting a repair was necessary.

Thank You

Mar 31, 2022 10:12 AM in response to ituneoff

The songs tab may have been edited. In iTunes left sidebar under Music right click on any of the options and go to edit. If you see songs in the list . But unchecked ,check it. As far a songs in the top menu being greyed out.I f you click on a song in the right pane then click on songs in menu . Then you will find that some are no longer greyed out.

Songs Tab not functioning

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.