You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there anyway to use ipad internal microphone while ….

hi there.

Is there anyway to use ipad internal microphone while im using a headphone without microphone !?

so basically when i plugged in the headphone siri can response my question but why when im trying speak in game i can not do that and even in other apps too !?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Mar 31, 2022 10:24 AM

3 replies

Mar 31, 2022 11:48 AM in response to AlirezaNazari

No, we cannot fix iOS on our end. We are all users on this user to user only forum. No one here works for Apple.

You can provide feedback to Apple via this link --> Feedback - iPad - Apple

Or make this really simple for yourself and buy a different set of headphones, with a built in microphone. Amazon will offer many, many options from inexpensive to very expensive depending on what your actual needs are.

Mar 31, 2022 11:03 AM in response to AlirezaNazari

Sorry - no, not possible.

If you are using wired headphones with your iPad, presumably using an adapter appropriate for your particular iPad model, your iPad will expect an available microphone to be connected via the headphones 3.5mm TRRS plug.

Should your headphones have only a 3.5mm TRS plug, lacking both microphone and the additional “ring” contact on the plug, the iPad will have no microphone input. You cannot define, via settings, use of the internal iPad microphone(s) when connected to headphones.

Mar 31, 2022 11:22 AM in response to LotusPilot

Thank you for answering .

you know before that i got the ipad i use the exact same method to use on my android device without any problems, so basically you are saying that I can’t use this way and i had to get an airpods or an expensive headphone to work of course You can fix such a issue on your OS .

funny im not sure why i even get an ipad ah i forget that ipad has limited More than that be useful for anyone …

Great

Is there anyway to use ipad internal microphone while ….

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.